10.05.2008

27th Birthday


27th Birthday
Originally uploaded by sideshowknits

Tuesday seems a world away and Thursday seems so close. But for a moment I want to return to Tuesday evening and stare at my husband-to-be across the table at Eno. Not that I was particularly fond of Eno at the Intercontinental Hotel. Tasting menus while innovative and nice are not nearly big enough of a meal. Plus their chocolates are kind of tasteless. Regardless I could have cared less about what I ate on my birthday because that night kicked off a wonderful birthday week. I got to have my butt in a seat at Chicago Shakespeare to watch Amadeus. It has only been my favorite movie since I was four! When I saw that Chicago Shakes was premiering this as the start of their fall season I was elated. I knew where I wanted to be and luckily they had Tuesday performances. It was splendid. It was thrilling. I was so happy. My present besides the play was a book called the Flavor Bible and a two hour private French Pastry lesson when we come back form our honeymoon. On Friday of this past week the wine I have been waiting a year for came in the Fed-ex mail. Pursued by a Bear by Dunham Cellars. We had special dinner Friday night and drank the first of two bottles. It was rich and spicy and delicious. Saturday was yarn con. I intended only to go for the Plucky Knitter (who incidentally didn't show up) and ended up with some lovely hand-spun and some awesome alpaca as a consolation. And then I met Ben at Hot Doug's for a birthday surprise orchestrated by Lisa. she invited a few people out for encased meats and we had a good ol' time. And last night was pot roast and Beamish night when Ben's best friend Aaron arrived to stay with us before the wedding. Whew! I know this week will be just as filed with good food and surprises.

No comments: