8.06.2008

What?


What?
Originally uploaded by sideshowknits

I have been on a swapping binge lately. Something about getting presents in the mail maybe. Or maybe an excuse to surf etsy for awesome knitting notions. I dunno but I really enjoy it. Ben always laugh at how excited I am to send something in the mail. He watches as I dash around the house for cards, stickers and tissue paper all in an attempt to make my partner feel special. My question to the universe is when did I become so Martha-Stewarty or has it always been there waiting for an excuse to come out. Here's another excuse, a three part yarn swap that will keep me buy through November. Like I need to be busy through November. :)

1. Do you knit or crochet?
I knit only, I have some crochet books and hooks but haven't learned how to use them yet.
How long have you been at your craft?
3 and half years, feels like a lot longer.
2. Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do?
I do not spin. I have enough dust bunnies running around my house from the dog and cat. I don't need sheep dust bunnies everywhere as well.
3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in?
I am as collage artist as well. Normally I wouldn't say artist but I am feeling generous. I like to glue stuff to other stuff; artistically.
4. What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
I am a Malabrigo nut. Worsted and lace. Right now I am into lace. But I also love Blue Sky alpaca sport weight.
5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
Nothing with sequins and I don't like Noro (scratchy) or art yarns (their color palette and I don't mix). I used to like mohair but now I am not a fan.
6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance?
Peter Rabbit from Fleece Artist. I want an angora hat. I also have some of Rowan's wool cotton but nothing to do with it.
7. What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?
I am a hat junky. But now I've gotten into lace and toys and just plain scarves.
8. What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to start this autumn?
I have a few sweaters I want to start. I am working on lots of things (see my project folder) Hopefully I can contain it to two to three projects at the most. I think I have something like 7 actively going right now.
9. What is your favorite FO? (Please, post a picture if you would like.)
The dashing mitts I have on in the picture above. Malabrigo worsted in Vaa. I also really love my Wicked I made this spring.
10. What is your oldest UFO?
a pair (well really a onesie) of pedicure socks in silky wool. I can't bring myself to cast on the other one, it's been a few years
11. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
I would love conquer fair isle. That's my ravelympics goal.
12. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I don't mind knitting socks but I never get around to finishing the second one. My foot a standard size 8, nothing odd about it. I love knee socks though.
13. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift?
I don't own one personally unless you count Ben (he loves to wind yarn with me unless it's lace) but I have access to two and I prefer my yarn unwound.
14. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks?
My straights are in a licorice pig tin and my double points are in a Chinese tea tin and my circs are in a cigar box. Not the most organized but it keeps them together.
15. Do you collect anything?
onesie tea cups, old keys, handmade stuffed animals, and screen printed posters
16. What is your favorite type of music? Are you MP3 ready?
wow music is a tough one. I like everything from Gordon Lightfoot to musicals to Gogol Bordello to Decemberists and DJ Danger Mouse. and I am MP3 equipped. I actually really love audio books as I listen to my ipod when I am dying yarn at Lorna's Laces and like to listen to books, multi-tasking don't you know.
17. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites?
I have a gigantic sweet tooth. My all time favs are licorice all sorts and haribo gummy bears. I love ice cream and chocolate covered blueberries.
18. What is your living situation like? Any pets? Children?
I live with my fiance (we get married on October 9th) and I have a cattle dog named Stella WallaRoo and a cat named Gryphon
19. Are you allergic to anything?
not really
20. Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)
I have an amazon wish list and an etsy one too.
Please include links for your swap pal.
21. Are you having a birthday during this swap?
My birthday will be September 30th and I will be 27 years old.
22. What is your Ravelry ID
mercourier

No comments: