4.30.2006

First Time


This is my first post, as you can see, and I'm a little nervous. I thought I had a lot to say but maybe I don't yet. I do know I wanted to start out by sharing the first thing I ever knitted...which has not seen the light of day since I knitted it about two years ago. It's a pink scarf (who doesn't start off with one of those?) knitted I think with Karabella auroura. At least that's what the second ball was, I'm still not sure about the first. As anal retentive as I can be I did not save the info tag. Silly girl. Though I would never wear this creation made on size 9 needles I love it because I can see where my mistakes and how even my tension got towards the end. It was a learning piece, my training wheels if you will and I am proud enough to show it off as I take a technological baby step. I want this to be a portal into my artistic life because most of my friends never get to see this stuff as it gets squirrelled away and covered by the sands of a busy mind.

No comments: